This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatMattersToU #CollectiveBias
When faced with that unpleasant monthly visitor that most of us ladies are fairly familiar with, I used to cringe. I wanted to curl up in my blankets and hide. But that was the past. Now, I have embraced the the beauty that though sometimes uncomfortable and lets face it, sometimes down right painful comes with being a woman. This didn’t come easy, however, I have learned to celebrate my womanhood. With that celebration, I had to ask myself what’s better than a BIG pan of brownies to make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Caramel Brownies, that’s what!
Each month, I have made it a tradition to not only whip up a batch of delicious Caramel Brownie goodness, but curl up with a comfy blanket, no longer hiding and have a total pig out movie marathon! No good movie marathon is complete without some of my very favorite flicks from the 80’s, you know the ones! There is just something so comforting about feeling like I’m a kid again, curled up with my Mom, eating our brownies and watching all of our favorites! Remembering what matters most to me, especially when things are tough, definitely helps keep my spirits up and my bad mood away.
Even if you aren’t currently entertaining your monthly visitor, these brownies are to die for! Here is a rundown of my recipe for the super ooey gooey delicious caramel brownies that not only make my life a little bit easier, but makes just about any celebration a whole lot better!
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter —1 3/4 sticks
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- pinch of salt
- 30 small caramels–optional
- Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan with butter; dust with flour and preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate in saucepan over low heat, stir often; let cool.
- Cream sugar, eggs, and vanilla, add cooled chocolate mixture; mix well.
- Sift together flour and salt into the chocolate mixture.
- Mix batter until combined- At this point I melted my caramels and added them to the batter, this is optional and the brownies are totally delicious, even without.
- Spread the batter in the pan; bake 30 minutes — or until you can pull out a clean toothpick.
Remove cool for 1 hour.
Another favorite, that has made my whole monthly ritual a bit easier was the discovery of the U by Kotex® Cleanwear® Ultra Thin Pads – Style N’ Store Packs available at Walmart! Offering incredible leak protection, U by Kotex® understands what matters most to women! And for that matter, so does Walmart! With 3D Capture Core* with Xpress DRI* cover offers super quick absorption, the Tru-Fit® wings keep things in place U by Kotex® Cleanwear® Ultra Thin Pads definitely has become my go to!
Also available at Walmart are the U by Kotex® Barely There® Liners that are incredibly comfortable and are made to feel just like your underwear ( which I love! ). Available in bright bold colors and designs, they are not only comfy, but fun!
Did I mention that The Style N’ Store packs are NEW at Walmart? Offering four super neat designs, these Style N’ Store packs have a super convenient new option for storing your pads! Each pack offers a drawer for feature that makes everything so easy and a little fun! Leave it to Walmart to know exactly what I need when it comes to personal care items, and have them available at an amazing price! Just another reason to feel comfortable when it comes to creating a monthly ritual that works for me ( or you! )!
What matters most to you when you’re on your period? Get up to $25 in rewards just for you by purchasing U by Kotex® at Walmart.
- Offer is live through 9/30/16
- Purchase 2 packs of U by Kotex® products at Walmart (Any Variation)
- Text UbyKotex to 811811 and upload a photo of your receipt
- Go to UbyKotexrewards.com and register to choose your customized reward!
#WhatMattersToU the most during your time of the month, or even just when you are feeling a bit uncomfy or down? I’d love to hear what you do to make the bad days a little brighter!