I am always on the hunt for great Holiday/Christmas cookie recipes that not only everyone will love, but that suit everyone’s dietary needs as well. On my most recent trip to Walmart I spotted a bag of SPLENDA® Sugar Blend and decided to pick it up ( along with the Brown Sugar blend as well —for other fun Holiday recipes! ) and try out a few new recipes before our big family celebrations.
I decided to check out SPLENDA®’s Sweet Swaps™ Recipes page for inspiration and ran across their super delicious looking/sounding Sweet As Sugar, Sugar Cookies recipe! My kids are HUGE fans of sugar cookies and love being able to use their vast collection of seasonal cookie cutters as well.
Here is the recipe that I used ( you can also check it out here ) :
Sweet as Sugar Cookies Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 30
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer in a medium mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually add SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to SPLENDA® Sugar Blend mixture, beating until blended. Do not over-mix.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half; pat each half into a circle and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill cookie dough for one hour or until slightly firm.
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Work with one portion of dough at a time. Roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a cookie cutter, and place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with decorative candies or colored sugars, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe was super simple to follow and turned out fabulous! After chilling, the dough was easy to roll and cut. The cookies held their shape and turned out beautifully. These cookies are absolutely delicious and were a huge hit with my kids as well as husband! I am quite pleased to have found a recipe that works for all of us so that we might be able to enjoy a sweet life without all the calories!
This post was sponsored by SPLENDA®. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review and baking project.