Today I am going to talk about a bit of a miracle worker in our household, the Greenair Ultrasonic AquaCool 2-in-1 Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser/Ultrasonic Humidifier! Not only does it diffuse my favorite essential oils for up to 12 hours, but it humidifies our home ( up to 200 ft!) for up to 12 hours as well! In our home the majority of us suffer from very dry skin conditions, as well as my daughter suffering with eczema, allergies and asthma! My daughter and I also suffer from health issues that cause us to have very weak immune systems and end up sick at the drop of a hat! With our new diffuser/humidifier, not only can we diffuse our favorite scents ( that aren’t bad for us like other fragrance sprays. oils etc can be! ) but we can diffuse essential oils for our health as well! Not only are their oils that promote health and fight away the icky stuff, but there are oils that can aid in the healing of sicknesses! We fight colds, the flu, etc with our essential oils and now we have the perfect diffuser to help us fight even harder! We recently had an icky bout with a very painful stomach virus, we diffused peppermint throughout our home, and I cannot describe to you the difference it made in our symptoms! Amazing! I am also loving that we can turn on our humidifier each day and fight the dryness and dry skin issues that we suffer from! You can adjust the strength of the mist/humidity level by using the on/off knob ( I have demonstrated below ) I love that I have many different option settings to get the perfect humidity level for our home. A feature that my kids LOVE is that there is an option to turn on a blue illuminating night light! ( pictured below) It’s a nice function that just makes a great product even better! I am so happy to have this diffuser for so many reasons and I feel completely confident that we are armed to combat the upcoming cold and flu season! Take that sickness!
Check them out on their website here and their Facebook here. To check out my Holiday Gift Guide Giveaway where I am giving a way a ton of cool stuff including a GREENAIR SERENITY DIFFUSER!!! http://www.homemakingheather.com/homemaking-heathers-2014-fabulous-gift-guide-giveaway-part-2/ ( see below )
AquaCool Oil Diffuser does not heat Essential Oils and keeps their holistic properties intact. Once the oil is diffused into the air the aromatherapy benefits of the fragrance is released as a pleasant, subtle scent that lifts moods while delivering healthful benefits.
AquaCool Humidifier transforms your home from an arid desert into a cool and refreshing oasis! AquaCool helps reduce irritation from dry coughs and stuffed sinuses. The ultrasonic action creates negative ions that help purify the air while running whisper-quiet and does not interfere with a night’s sleep. It’s the environmental solution to the problem of a home’s dry air from forced air heat.
“It’s a fact: True aromatherapy is much more than just the smell.
Everyone knows that essential oils can fill a room with exquisite fragrances; and, it’s well known that aroma reaches and influences the deepest parts of our being. But, true aromatherapy not only delivers the calming benefits of fragrance, it also provides the many other health benefits unique to essential oils.
However, this must be qualified by two critical points:
- The essential oils used must be truly therapeutic-grade; and
- The essential oils must not be heated in order to disperse their fragrance.
To experience the many benefits of true aromatherapy, you need to start with high-quality, therapeutic-grade essential oil, and diffuse them with an ultrasonic or cold-air diffuser.
Among its many benefits, diffusing essential oils can:
- release oxygenating molecules into the air. This (at least in theory) increases atmospheric oxygen. These oxygenating molecules, as well as the effects of the fragrance itself, can
- lift your mood and soothe your emotions, creating an atmosphere of peace and harmony. They can also
- invigorate you, stimulating you without making you feel wired.
Conversely, they can also
- relax you, without making you feel groggy or putting you to sleep, and leave you feeling refreshed, not tired,
- soothe your nerves and relieve tension,
- calm you, making you feel quieted and grounded within, and
- help to focus your mind and improve concentration, helping you to stay more alert and clear in your thinking.
Studies have demonstrated that diffusing therapeutic-grade essential oils can help you to learn and retain studied materials — and perform on tests — up to 28% better than without the oils.
Diffusing essential oils can also:
- increase the body’s ability to transport oxygen into the cells. This penetration of oxygen through the cell walls is vital to the effective assimilation of nutrients by the body, and the aromatic molecules of essential oils can greatly enhance this action.
- help in weight management,
- boost the immune system,
- create a feeling of balance and well-being,
- freshen and purify the air by,
- making chemicals non-toxic, fracturing their molecular structure. European scientists have found that essential oils work as natural chelators, bonding to metalics and chemicals, and flushing them out of the system,
- increasing atmospheric ozone and negative ions, which inhibit the growth of bacteria, fungi, molds and other air-borne infectious agents,
- preventing the build-up and/or destroying odors from molds, mildew, cigarettes, animals, etc., and
- acting as an outstanding air-filtration system, helping to remove dust particles from the air.” ( information source : http://www.doterra-aromatics.com/info/whyDiffuse.html )
Turning the knob to adjust the amount of mist/humidity that I need.
My children’s favorite function is the night light 😉 the switch is located towards the back of the diffuser.
I love the sleek simple look, it isn’t obnoxious or too complicated.
Add 5 drops of your favorite essential oil or oil blend to the essential oil sponge. When you want to change the essential oil you are diffusing, remove the sponge and plate and let them dry out for at least an hours.
Diffusing essential oils has been a life changer for our family. I highly suggest doing research and finding out if this is something that is right for your and your family! 🙂
Here is a list of essential oils that we diffuse for the symptoms listed below.
Essential oils helpful with natural asthma remedies include Clary Sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus,Frankincense, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Peppermint, Myrrh, Pine needle, Rose,Rosemary, and Tea Tree.
Essential oils helpful with bronchitis include Cedarwood, Cypress, Elemi, Eucalyptus,Frankincense, Helichrysum, Lavender Lemon, Marjoram, Peppermint, Myrrh, Orange, Pine needle,Rosemary, Sandalwood and Tea Tree.
Helpful to relieve and soothe coughs include Basil, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Elemi,Eucalyptus, Fragonia , Ginger, Lavender, Marjoram, Myrrh, Pine needle, Rose, Rosemary, Spruce Needle , Tea Tree and Thyme.
When making blends for any health concern – remember the best is to try one or two oils to start with. Never try to blend more than 5-6 oils together at one time.
As always I am NOT a doctor and you should ALWAYS do your own research and find out what works best for your and your family…these are just the things that work for us and using your own discretion is always advised.