“This Veteran’s Day, Suave is partnering with YouTube beauty guru and Army Veteran, Dulce Candy, to celebrate inspirational women serving our country by wearing and sharing military-inspired hairstyles.
The recently revamped hair guidelines for servicewomen permit variations on hairstyles, but even with these relaxed regulations, hair inspiration and know-how can still be intimidating. Suave believes that whether you are serving on the front lines, or are sergeant of your household, your hair can be all that it can be with easy-to-follow steps and products that work as well as salon brands.”
I will be sporting my military-inspired hair-do on Veteran’s Day this year—how about you? Let’s join Suave in saluting our Veterans, who by the way are donating 10,000 products to troops overseas in celebration!
The Knotted Bun:
- Step 1: Prep damp hair with recommended product and then blow-dry hair.
- Step 2: Part hair down the center to the back of your neck and secure into two low ponytails. Knot the two sections together and repeat through the length of your hair.
- Step 3: Secure with hair pins and mist recommended product to keep the hairstyle frizz-resistant for up to 72 hours.
The Braided Bun:
- Step 1: Wash and condition hair with recommended products. After blow drying, gather hair at the nape of the neck and secure in a ponytail.
- Step 2: Piece ponytail into multiple sections and brain each section tightly, securing with clear elastics.
- Step 3: One by one, wrap the braids around the base of the ponytail and pin into place. Finish with recommended product for extra hold.
What military inspired hair-do will you be sporting this Veteran’s Day? Share your photos below!