As someone who truly enjoys eating veggies, becoming a vegan has been quite easy for me. I do have to admit that I find myself missing one of my favorite foods, eggs. After finding a recipe for vegan breakfast burritos, I decided to take the recipe for the egg filling, adapt a bit, and turn it into a super yummy vegan scrambled eggs dish!
The recipe below is the basic recipe that I have followed, though at this point, I basically just eyeball the ingredients and for us to each have a large serving, I double the recipe for a full skillet of “eggs” . I also add a bit of cashew milk into the mix, but that’s just our personal preference.
These “eggs” are SUPER tasty, have the consistency of real scrambled eggs and definitely cure my egg craving! I promise that you will not be disappointed!
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper ( I also use equal parts orange/yellow )
- 1/2 Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast Flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Low-Sodium Soy Sauce ( or regular )
- One 14 Ounce Block of Extra Firm Tofu- Drained and Crumbled
- In a skillet over medium- high heat, saute the veggies in the vegetable stock until tender.
- Stir in dry seasonings until well combined, then stir in soy sauce and add crumbled tofu. Keeping cooking for at least 5 minutes on low-heat.
Add your eggs to a whole wheat burrito, with some oven baked hash-browns and vegan cheese for a super yummy vegan breakfast burrito!